If you are fitness enthusiast, you must have heard of numerous health-related products, right from supplements and steroids to meal replacement shakes, herbal remedies and protein shakes. Unlike supplements or protein shakes, meal replacement shakes are not meant to supplement your diet. These are created to replace your regular meals, for varied needs. In this post, we will talk about the top seven benefits of these shakes at a glance.
- Count your calories. Regardless of your fitness regime and goals, you must count the regular calorie intake. With the best meal replacement shakes, you can do that easily. Most of the products have anywhere between 150 and 500 calories in each serving.
- Portable and easy. If you don’t have the time to pack your lunch, carrying a meal replacement shake is easy and effective. Most products come in a powder form or as a single serving, so you can have one on the go.
- Great for weight loss. If you are trying hard to reduce your calorie intake, you can replace the heavy meals with a shake, which usually contains all the macronutrients, vitamins and minerals in the right proportions.
- You get your share of protein. Eating protein doesn’t have to a feast for your stomach and taste buds. You can go for a replacement shake, which will have anywhere around 18 to 22 grams of protein in each serving.
- There are many choices. Contrary to what people often believe, meal replacement shakes are not bland or tasteless. From vanilla to blueberry and chocolate, the taste options and flavors are more than many.
- No more junk food. Most of us have thing for processed and junk food, and whenever we have a craving, we tend to reach for these convenient foods. With meal replacement shakes, you are always ready to have a healthy meal.
- No more cooking. Feeling lazy to cook? Well, keep a replacement shake in your kitchen at all times, and you don’t need to order food anymore. Compared to the price we tend to pay for a regular full meal at a restaurant, meal replacement shakes are inexpensive and affordable and can be a great choice for filler meals.
Finally, there’s no denying that meal replacement shakes are tasty and nutritious. You will have a balanced diet without watching meals every day. Just make sure you have an active lifestyle, as well, which is important for long term fitness.